Plates / Permits for People with Disabilities


New York residents can apply for license plates or parking permits for people with severe disabilities. Required documentation includes:
Please note: Filing a false application is a crime.

License Plates

License plates are issued at State Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) and county DMV offices.

Parking Plates

Permits are issued by local governments, not the DMV. Permits are available for any person living in the town, but you must apply to the town in which you live. Temporary or permanent permits are issued free to applicants with a doctor's statement. Download the application to view additional instructions.