What should I do if my sewer is plugged?

The town is responsible for keeping the main sewer lines clear and running. If you have a slow acting drain, you will need to call a plumber. If it is backing up into your toilet or washtub or is under pressure, then contact the Sewer Department at (585) 265-0505.

Show All Answers

1. How are sewers placed in the town?
2. Where is my sewer lateral?
3. What should I do if my sewer is plugged?
4. What causes sewer odors in the house?
5. What is the purpose of a vapor trap?
6. What is the purpose of the roof vent?
7. What causes blockages to occur?
8. How do I tell if it is a problem with the house or the sewer system?
9. Whom do I call if I have a sewer problem?
10. Is my home or property connected to the Town's sanitary sewer system?
11. What is the difference between a sanitary sewer and a storm sewer